Case (in)sensitivity in queries other than upper()...

From: Raj Gabriëlse <gabrielse_at_ctbede.nl>
Date: 1998/02/15

Hi all,

There's one thing I'd like to be possible to do, and that is to have the ability to query for data without having to worry about case and also not having to pay the performance hit when using upper() and thereby loosing the use of present indices.

Is there a way to make Oracle case insensitive other than upper()? I guess I'd have to fiddle with the NLS_SORT setting and create a special kind of NLS table?

TIA Raj Gabrielse Received on Sun Feb 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST