Re: Character set when exporting

From: Michael Pelzelmeyer <mikepelz_at_netway.at>
Date: 1998/02/14

Hi,
I think your problem is that you ran the export via cron. If a script is started via cron .profile is NOT executed, hence the NLS_LANG setting is missing. You can check this out via a small shell script that is started via cron.

#!/usr/bin/ksh
echo $NLS_LANG >/tmp/langsetting

Check the contents of the langsetting file.

HTH
Michael