Re: Oracle's treatment of null and empty string

From: Paul Jackson <ragoczy_at_SolarBears.fan.org>
Date: 1998/02/14

Thanks for confirming this for me, I didn't believe our DBA because other databases I've used make a distinction between the two.

I can code around this absurdity now that I know of it :/ -- it's just irritating, since there's a very significant difference between a null and an empty string. I.E. null means I don't know the value, empty string means that is the value. IMO it's the equivalent of saying 0 = null for a numeric.