Activating a Standby Database

From: Carlos A. Gonzalez <carlos_a_gonzalez_at_us.dell.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

Gentlemen:

I need some guidance.

We are implementing a Disaster Recovery solution for our databases.

I already created the standby database and it is running in recovery mode. At this stage the database is running with an Init.ora pointing to the Standby control file created in a
previous step.
No Problem Here

However....

When I am ready to activate this standby database, that is make it a production.

I am not sure what steps I must follow:

My database is running as follows:

ALTER DATABASE MOUNT STANDBY DATABASE EXCLUSIVE; RECOVER [FROM 'file name'] STANDBY DATABASE;

Then what is next, must I ?
SHUTDOWN ???
STARTUP mount PFILE= (Which Init.ora ???, the one that points to the standby control file or use the

                                       original control file from
production ) EXCLUSIVE

and finally...

ALTER DATABASE ACTIVATE STANDBY DATABASE; Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Carlos Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST