Visual Basic and Oracle

From: <rbamba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/11

Hi

At my work place, we are currently using Visual Basic (3.0, 4.0 - 16 bit, 5.0) as the application development tool with SQL Server 6.5 as our database. We are thinking about moving to ORACLE 8 as our back-end. I have the following questions:

  1. Has anybody out there made a similar move already? If so, what where your experiences? Was it a seamless move (yeah, right!)? 2. How easy/efficient is it to use VB in conjuction with Oracle? Is there any sort of performance penalty? 3. Are there any tools which can help convert from VB apps to ORACLE forms?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Rupa
(rupa_bamba_at_indymac.com)