LONG insertion

From: Chris Remshaw <griffen_at_jhu.edu>
Date: 1998/02/10

Hi,
I'm trying to get a substantial amount (2.5k+) of information into a single field. I know this can't be done with quoted strings (although this would make it very easy), and I'm not sure how to convert it to binary. Furthermore, I can't even get it to insert correctly into the table past 130 chars (i'm using CLI sqlplus , i.e. sqlplus user/pw @file). Can anyone help me figure out:

  1. What I need to do to be able to insert these 2.5k+ character strings/binary data into a table

AND 2) Do it through a single call from UNIX command line. Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST