Re: February DBA Tip of the Month

From: VFOSTER2 <vfoster2_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

Hello,

I am an Oracle DBA with the American Kennel Club in Raleigh, NC. I have been charged with the task of developing a meaningful strategic approach to auditing our Oracle 7.3.4 database. The standard options that are packaged (OS/DB) are not satisfactory. They are too high level. I will need to capture detailed user id, table, column access, before, after image, etc.

I am looking for articles that can lead me down the right path. I don't wish, nor can we afford to "audit the world". Dasd and memory are expensive. I have thought of creating specific tables, populated by triggers, procedures. I was just wondering of all the information out there, I can't seem to find any articles on auditing that is other than the high level default. And that just won't meet our needs.

Please contact me at msfoster_at_iname.com. This address is a forwarding mailbox.  So if I switch ISP's, the address will not change. So therefore, do not contact me at the aol address shown. I am not sure how much longer I will subscribe to their service.

Thanx,
Vicky D. Foster, DBA
American Kennel Club
5580 Centerview Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
919-233-3655 (w) Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST