Help: ADO could not find the specified provider (x800a0e7a)

From: Thomas Köhler <TKoehler_at_SundN.de>
Date: 1998/02/09

Hi,

I have the following problem and hope to find a good idea:

I have worked with the ADO 1.5 (pre release) version and have built a small ADO application. I have connected via ODBC (Oracle73 V25 - 2.05.0301) to a Oracle 7.3 database - everything was ok and I was happy!!!

But now I want to install this application to another system and everytime I want to open the connection I receive the error 'x800a0e7a - ADO could not find the specified provider'. I have installed first the Oracle Client components and after that the Oracle ODBC driver V25. Then I have tested the ODBC connection via the Oracle test utility '32 bit ODBC test'- ok! After that I have installed the new released AD0 1.5c version and recompiled my application - ...but without success!!!

Everytime if I want to open the connection inside my application this f... error occurs (sorry)! This problem is undependend from the datasource I want to connect. I have tried the VC++ expamle from the web but also without success. What is wrong???

Thanks in advance - I'm frustrated - can you help me?

Tommy Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST