Update performance issue in stored procedure....

From: RLC <richchen_at_ms6.hinet.net>
Date: 1998/02/09

Dear all Oracle pros,

Currently I would like to update a cloumn in table P which has about 1 millions rows. The update value is from another table A which have about 3000 rows.

The procedure I wrote is:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE GO(Tmpkey char) IS BEGIN
update P set id=(select A.id from A where A.custtype='*' and P.cid=A.cid) where timekey=tmpkey;
commit;
END; And it costs me about 2 hours to get the result.

Does anyone has better idea to tuning the SQL command to increase the update performance ??

Thanks you !!!

richchen_at_ms6.hinet.net Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST