Bind Variables in SQL*Reports 2.5

From: D. Shah <dipen_at_dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/02/08

Hi,

I've just started using SQL*Reports 2.5 and have experienced problems with using bind variables.

I created a field called 'f_alpha' and placed it on the layout editor. My objective was to attach a trigger to another (database) field (say...f_beta).

This trigger has a simple select clause:

select something
into :f_alpha
from table1
where first_column = :f_beta;

Compiling this gives me an error stating that :f_alpha is a BAD bind variable. I know
that in SQL*Forms you have to attach the block name but SQL*Reports 2.5 does not
include blocks. Can anyone figure out what I am doing wrong and hence, what I should do
to rectify this problem?

Many Thanks in Advance!

Dipen Received on Sun Feb 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST