Re: Oracle sample database.

From: jog <jog_at_allianse.no>
Date: 1998/02/07

On 7 Feb 1998 12:46:13 GMT, jhutchin_at_aol.com (JHutchin) wrote:

>The sample database is installed during the installation of Oracle itself if
>you choose to do so. Depending on the hardware that you are running on, you
>can automate the listener process in different ways. On NT, use the services
>selection under the control panel and highlight the listener process and choose
>startup, automatic. On Unix and VMS, you'll need to include the process in the
>system startup files.
>
>The starter database typically installs a system tablespace of 20 M, which is
>pretty small if you are running an Oracle based application on top of it. You
>might consider increasing it, depending on what the database will be used for.
Thanks for the answer. I know the way of starting the listener process manualy. But you see i want to use InstallShied for the installation of an aplication with an oracle database. I can do it the normal way using a bat file (It's on a Winows Nt system). Accessing oradim, servermanager and import a dump file. But there is still some a problem with the listener. Updating listener.ora and stopping and starting the process.
I think Oracle installs the samlpe database using copying the datafiles and then some altering commands to get them online. It's a bit hard to figure out the details. They also have ORCL in the installed listener.ora.
Doing it this way must me much quicker. Received on Sat Feb 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST