Sequences

From: CRAIG READ DUNCAN <crd_at_cs.odu.edu>
Date: 1998/02/06

Please pardon my greeness...

I'm using sqlldr to bring a text database into Oracle7.3.3 (Solaris 2.51). If entries are introduced to the Oracle database (not with sqlldr), sequences create primary and foreign keys. This is done via a gui (O. forms).

With sqlldr, I have to "force-feed" these keys. The entries are then visable from the sqlplus command line, but not through the gui.

I have been advised to drop the sequences, then recreate them. I believe I need to see the sequence "codes" before I drop them so I know how to recreate them.

Does this sound right? How does one "see" a squence (or the definition of one?)

Thanks...
crd Received on Fri Feb 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CST