TNS Names lookup failure & winsock.dll

From: Beth Powers <bpowers_at_fiore-ind.com>
Date: 1998/02/05

I've installed Designer/2000 and Oracle7 Workgroup Server on a new Win95 machine. If I don't have an old winsock.dll & wsock32.dll in their respective places (c:\windows & c:\windows\system), I get a TNS names lookup failure. Put those there, and all works well (with my Oracle stuff, that is). With those old dlls there, my machine shows device conflicts (primary IDE controller and secondary IDE controller), I no longer have a working CD rom (doesn't think I have one), and I cannot get my internet connections.

Suggestions?

--
Beth Powers
Fiore Industries Inc.