Re: Automating shutdowns

From: allen lucas <alucus_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1998/02/05

I run Oracle WGS 7.2.x and 7.3.x on NT 3.51 servers. I will be setting up a Oracle WGS 8.0.x on NT 4.0 in the very near future. It will also employ NT Clustering and Oracle Fail Safe.

I shut down the database weekly for cold backups to run, followed with an automatic restart. Use the AT command on the server to run a batch file which connects and shuts down the instance. We then copy all the files when cold, and finish with a batch file to connect and startup.

If you need examples of the scripts, which are really very short and simple, please let me know.

BTW, when I go to 8.0 on 4.0, I plan on utilizing the Enterprise Manager Backup Manager, if it meets my needs.

\\||// 'Paranoia is the first sign of a good DBA' / \ []--[] Allen Lucas @ /\ @ Chicago Bridge & Iron {----} Plainfield, Il 60544 ^^ alucus_at_concentric.net