Controlling archive logs

From: Neal Nachtigall <Neal.Nachtigall_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: 1998/02/05

We are currently experiencing a problems controlling the amount of archive logs that are generated during some of our nightly loads (using sqlloader).  The number of records is significant but not to the extent that we feel should be generating the amount of logs. Unsure of the exact number of records being loaded but it is less than 50Meg of data, but it is turn generating over 4Gig of archive logs.

My questions are:

Again any suggestions or references to white papers would be greatly appreciated.

--
No wonder nobody comes here--it's too crowded. -Yogi Berra

Neal L. Nachtigall
Neal.Nachtigall_at_lodgenet.com