Re: Access against Oracle

From: <rwalkama_at_brigadoon.com>
Date: 1998/02/04

In article <01bd3012$b742e100$0100a8c0_at_jdavies.vip.best.com>,   "Jeff Davies" <jdavies_at_davtechsys.com> wrote:

> I agree with the Billy. However, I would make a slightly different analogy.
> I would companre them with Access being a nice car and Oracle being a space
> shuttle. You can go alot farther in oracle, but it is a heck of alot easier
> to drive a car than a space shuttle. Oracle can be ovekill, depending on
> your needs.
>
> - Jeff

I have slight twist to this. I need to choose between Oracle and SQL server as an upgrade from Access. Can anyone tell me which might be better and why? In the current Access database we are using, we expect to receive somewhere around 30,000,000 new records a month. Every thirty days the database would be archived. Bob