Re: HPUX 10.20 and Oracle 7.3 shared library errors

From: Keith D Gregory <keith_at_inconcert.com>
Date: 1998/02/02

Lance S. Nehring wrote:

> Oracle 7.3.2.2 supplies both dynamically and statically linked
> versions of its access libraries. When linking a small example
> program from Oracle with the static libraries everything works
> okay, but the dynamically linked version stops cold with a bus
> error.

This response is slightly off topic, but is something to watch out for: the Oracle static libraries are built using PIC code; if you have a large application and build it with PIC code too, you will exceed the size of HP's relocation tables.

We've gotten around the problem by building all of our app with non-PIC code, except some client libraries that don't have to live with Oracle.

-kdg Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST