HPUX 10.20 and Oracle 7.3 shared library errors

From: Mikkel Lauritsen <c918531_at_tycho.gbar.dtu.dk>
Date: 1998/02/02

Oracle 7.3.2.2 supplies both dynamically and statically linked versions of its access libraries. When linking a small example program from Oracle with the static libraries everything works okay, but the dynamically linked version stops cold with a bus error.

I'd say this looks like an error in the dynamic libraries, but since it seems to run okay on Solaris and IRIX chances are that HPUX is partially in error.

If any of you have experienced similar problems or perhaps have come up with a workaround I'd very much like to know - any suggestions or hints are most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Mikkel Lauritsen - ml_at_thevisionfactory.com