Re: Efficiency of hierarchical queries

From: Grue <grue_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/02

The only place I've used a hierarchical query was on a table of about 250,000 records, and it returned my results instantly. So I assumed that it was using my indexes. If it was doing a full table scan on this table, I would have expected it to be *much* slower, because without the indexes any query on the table is extremely slow.