LONG to long in Oracle?

From: Wassili Kazakos <kazakos_at_fzi.de>
Date: 1998/02/02

Hi,

I'm trying to store a long text (grater than 2000 chars) in an Oracle DB, but I get the message ORA-01704 String literal to long. The explanation is "quoted strings may not contain more than 2000 characters". Does this make sense? Is there an other possibility to store long text files in a LONG field? Or have I to cut it in 2000 CHAR pieces?

I try to do this from an java application, but I get the same error with sqlplus...

thanks in advance
Wassili Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST