Converting "MM/DD/YYYY" in an inported file to a valid Oracle date.

From: Rylandda <custserv_at_bodine-assembly.com>
Date: 1998/02/02

We are interested on knowing how to convert a string character with a format of "MM/DD/YYYY" that is being imported from an external source into a valid Oracle date field when running SQL*LOADER. Is there a function or a routine we could use in the control file? Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST