PRAGMA errors

From: Leslie_B_DreyerKalra <lbd_at_techiesinc.com>
Date: 1998/02/01

I'm defining a RESTRICT_REFERENCES pragma for a function that I'd like to be able to use in a WHERE clause. The function returns a CHAR that is basically a Boolean. Here's the line:

PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES (check_all_cats, WNDS);

When I try to compile this (in sqlplus), I get this error:

PLS-00707: unsupported construct or internal error [2603] PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated

This package compiled and worked just fine before this. I have one other similar pragma definition that works (in another package), but I've had this problem with several other pragma definitions. I've been able to work around the others, but I really need this one. BTW, this error occurs no matter what other arguments I give it (WNPS, RNDS, etc.).

What am I missing here??

Thanks...

--
Leslie Dreyer Kalra