Re: ACCESS/ORACLE/ODBC HELP!!

From: Keith Lawrence <false_at_no.spam>
Date: 1998/02/01

Robert

Yup, there's an ODBC bug in there somewhere, I haven't had the time (or the inclination<g>...) to debug Oracle's ODBC drivers for them but there is a bug!

I tried the following on my NT4/PO8.0.3 system - - Created a S_CIS230_123 user and a simple 1 column EMP table. - Created two 32 bit ODBC data sources, one using the 'standard' 8.00.0300 driver and one using the Oracle73 2.05.0301 driver.
- Created a MSAccess97 database and tried two attaches with the two drivers....

The Oracle73 driver works.
The Oracle8 driver fails with the message you got!

I can't explain it, all that I can tell you is that I've given up on the Oracle8 drivers for the Delphi via ODBC system that I am currently developing. My only suggestion is to download the Oracle73 stuff from the Oracle site (all 10MB of it!) and use that!

Regards

    Keith L