Re: Oracle News from OraWorld

From: Kathleen O'Connor <koconnor_at_oraworld.com>
Date: 1998/02/01

Robert,

I apologize if there is any confusion -- OraWorld is NOT affiliated with Oracle Corp. in any way. OraWorld is a separate company and we post these messages on the newsgroups to keep people notified about news that's happening in the Oracle world -- which also includes updates about other database companies. Many people find the postings useful -- especially overseas. These postings are not a commercial advertisement for Oracle at all. I'm sorry for the confusion -- we'll post a disclaimer at the beginning of our message next time. Again, we are not a part of Oracle. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Regards,
Kathleen O'Connor

Robert Marti wrote:

> I find it interesting that Oracle should point the finger at Sybase
> regarding "improper revenue recognition" and being "forced to restate
> earnings", given the history of Oracle Coporation ...
>
> -- Robert Marti
>
> PS: Just in case you are wondering what I am referring to, you may want
> to read the book
>
> The Difference Between God and Larry Ellison: Inside Oracle Corporation
> by Mike Wilson
>
> Disclaimer: I have no relationship to publisher or author.
>
> --
> Robert Marti
> Institut fur Informationssysteme
> ETH-Zentrum
> CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland

> In article <34CF8E7C.2D00_at_oraworld.com>,
> Kathleen O'Connor <koconnor_at_oraworld.com> wrote:
> >ORACLE NEWS FROM ORAWORLD
> >TOP STORIES

 [...]