Re: Help with Pers. Oracle8 Install Please

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/31

The files you have downloaded are the compressed ones. Before you install, they have to be uncompressed. This is done by that RUNME.BAT program.
This batch program uncompresses all the 45 downloaded files and creates a installable CD kind of environment on ur hard disk One way to do this is (if you have problems running this runme.bat from windows) Boot your system in MS-DOS mode (By pressing F8 while the mesg. Starting Windows95 appears) and them execute this bat program. After uncompressing all the files, you can reboot in windows mode and execute the orainst.exe (or Setup.exe) from the directory where these files were uncompressed. But make sure you have enough Hard disk space to uncompress and installation.

There shouldn't be any problem.

HTH,
Goodluck

Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>