Q: Installing Oracle v7.2 (Compaq Edition) on OpenServer v5.0.4

From: Morten Toftgaard <mtj_at_stofanet.dk>
Date: 1998/01/31

Hi there

We seem to have a problem installing Oracle.

The OpenServer doesn't seem to recognize the orainst.cm executable, but instead tries to execute it as a script. It states that there's an unexpected token in line 4 ;-)

Why is this?

We've also tried to use orainst_.o instead, but it states that it's missing a Window Manager, even when we're running X.

What's wrong?

We've tried the same procedure on OpenServer v5.0.2 - with the same results.

Thanks in advance for your input!

--
Yours,

Morten Toftgaard