Oracle8 Enterprise Manager(Backup Manager) v1.4.0 on NT

From: Daniel D Arrasjid <daniel_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: 1998/01/29

     I've been using Oracle8 Enterprise Manager on NT4 to set up automated online Oracle8 backups. This has been successful until today.
Previously defined backup jobs will run when I resubmit them, however if I try to modify their definition or define a new backup job I get the same error message at the same point in the Backup Wizard:

    In Backup Manager, I choose Backup->Backup Wizard, when the Wizard appears I choose "Database" backup, and click "next". I take the default of
"none" for archive logs, and click "next". I choose my available
channel, and click "next". I enter a tag, and choose "next". I leave "Max Files" blank(doesn't matter if I change it or not), and choose "next".

     I then get an error alert message "Property is read-only". I click okay
on the alert window and get another alert message of "Type mismatch". I click okay on that window and the Backup Wizard brings me to the Schedule form with is completely blank(no schedule information boxes to fill out, no text, just the left hand graphic). If I choose "next" or
"finish", the

wizard gives the error "Parameter not optional" and disappears.

     Any clues? If you send me answers directly, I'll summarize. Received on Thu Jan 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CST