Re: Why Sql*net process use so much RAM??

From: Bala Avula <bala.avula_at_vf.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/29

Hi,

Please note that some of the information that you may be seeing is not really true. Each user process(i.e., Oracle dedicated process) maps SGA to its own address spacea and this seems to show the user process memory as the size of SGA. We have seen that on a database of 1GB sga, each user process show memory usage of 1GB+ which is not true. I would be interested in finding out about the actual memory usgae. On DG UX I couldn't find the right tool to do this for me.

Regards,

Bala Avula
Certified Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jan 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CST