Re: Sqlloader question

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/01/28

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:21:14 -0600, Declan O'Reilly <declan_at_mcs.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to load two tables at the same time if the primary key field in
>the first table is a foreign key field in the second table , but the primary key
>field number (a sequence in the definition file) is only generated during the
>load.
>
>Declan

Yes, it is possible, and it is normal behaviour of a SEQUENCE function defined in the control file.The quote from "Oracle 7 Server Utilities", page 5-48 (rel. 7.3):

Because a unique sequence number is generated for each logical input record, rather than for each table insert, the same sequence number can be used when inserting data into multiple tables. This is frequently useful behavior.
***** end quote *********

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Jan 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST