Re: Oracle8 & WebServer 2

From: Casper Thrane <partyfreak_at_forum.dk>
Date: 1998/01/28

Roberto Finelli wrote:

> After installation of Oracle 8 over an existing Oracle 7 + WebServer 2,
> I redefined the WebServer DCD's to point to the Oracle8 database.
> OWA tables were created, and DCD configuration was successful.
>
> But "browse database" failed, and the error, on owa_dba.err, mentioned
> a PL/SQL error on the BROWSE.INTRO procedure.
> I tried to execute BROWSE.INTRO on itself, and it reported PL/SQL
> errors on various parts of the body.
>
> Could it be a problem with PL/SQL code porting between Oracle 7 and
> Oracle8? Or something different?
> Does anybody know something about it?
>
> Thanks
> Roberto Finelli

Hi!

I have tried to install Webserver 2.1 on Oracle 8, and I had a problem with the connection to the Oracle server. The solution to this problem was to install SQL*Net client v. 2.*** and then let the Webserver connect through SQL*Net.

I hope this will help you.

Casper Received on Wed Jan 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST