Re: [HELP] Can SQL*Plus work with local Personal Oracle Lite database??

From: Jonathan Trifts <Jonathan.Trifts_at_CGI.CA.NOSPAM>
Date: 1998/01/27

Pasting the message from comp.databases.oracle.tools...

<steve k wrote:>

PO Lite uses ODBC to connect to the database. I'm assuming you have loaded PO Lite and created the default database. To connect to it, try this:

username:  OOT_SCH
Password:  abcdef (this can be anything since po lite ignores)
Database:  odbc:polite

OOT_SCH is the default user that po lite sets up. You need to have the odbc:polite there to tell oracle to use the odbc drivers rather than try and go thru sql net.

I'm new to this too but found the above to work for me. Once you get a little more knowledge, you can go in and create new users and databases.

Good Luck
Steve

--
Regards,