Re: Problem with Oracle Names

From: Manfred Traumueller <manfred.traumueller_at_memo.ikea.com>
Date: 1998/01/27

Hey Fredrik !

  1. You must create the ROS Tables in a Database
  2. You must define your Network in the Network Manager with a Names Server !
  3. Then you must validate the information and generate it for FILESYSTEM and ORACLE_NAMES !
  4. So now you must distribute the new generated files. listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and names.ora
  5. then start on your machine where you defined the Oracle Names Server with the executable namesctl start !
  6. Check if the Names Server is running ! Namesctl> status
  7. Then you can test your Names Server tnsping ORCL => Your SID.

After any changes in the NDD (Network Definition Database) you must reload/ restart your Oracle Names Process ! namesctl stop - namesctl start

I hope this information is helpful for you !

Br Manfred

Fredrik Håkansson <fredrik.hakansson_at_kalmarind.se> wrote in article <B473F1736507D11189740060B0586BBE01F30DF5_at_MAILSRV>...
> I'm going to set up an Oracle Server with Oracle Names. With Network
 Manager