Problem with Oracle Names

From: Fredrik Håkansson <fredrik.hakansson_at_kalmarind.se>
Date: 1998/01/26

I'm going to set up an Oracle Server with Oracle Names. With Network Manager I have created a Network Definition and generated the client and server files to the filesystem and I haven't had any problems connecting to the database. Then I created the Namestables, opened the Networkdefinition, saved it to the database and generated the client and server files again and distributed them. Then I restarted the server and tried to connect to the database from SQLPlus but I get the errormessage TNS12154 TNS could not resolve name. Does anyone recognize this problem or have a tip for a solution I'll be happy to hear it.

TiA Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST