elapsed time between 2 dates

From: Laura Bellini <laura.bellini_at_compaq.com>
Date: 1998/01/26

I was wondering if anyone out there happens to have a function that they've created that evaluates the elapsed time between two dates. The function I need to create involves taking into considering my company's business days, holidays, and hours, but I thought if I had a basic function to work with, I might be able to get a good start.

I need to consider the company's business hours and holidays -- there is a 'holiday' table and a day table that establish working days for the company. By checking the inital (incoming) date against these tables, I would need to determine if the incoming day is a valid working day - if not, find the next valid working day.

The incoming parameters would be a start date and an end date.

Thanks in advance.

Laura Bellini
laura.bellini_at_compaq.com Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST