Training for Oracle DBA

From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn_at_cyberramp.net>
Date: 1998/01/26

I am trying to find a way to get training as a Oracle DBA, and be certified.

I have been to the Oracle web site and looked through the educational stuff.

I am wondering if there is anyone out here that has gone through DBA training that they would recommend? Or at least share their experience?

Specifically, the training tools along the line of:

  1. CD ROM/CBT and Video Tape
  2. Junior Colleges
  3. Training facilities like: New Data Stratagies, Horizons, The Technology Center, etc...
  4. Oracles own seminairs (Which strike me as hype and aren't worth the money, ... speaking from past experiences)
  5. Personal Trainer (and be certified?)
  6. Other? What ever else may be a forum to learn Oracle to become a certified DBA.

TIA to all,

Q Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST