Re: Why Sql*net process use so much RAM??

From: Stephane Lajeunesse <slajeunesse_at_NOsympaticoSPAM.ca>
Date: 1998/01/24

Darryl Cording wrote:

> G'Day All,
>
> I recently noticed on the Solaris box at work that the clients'
> SqlNet connections to the server vary between 25 and 65Mb per process.
> This seems high to me and was wondering if anybody else knows if this is
> normal or not.

We did see something like that. Our processes started at about 6-7 megs and grew to 20-30 even one at 70 Megs!!

Our server paniced (out of virtuakl memory) and crashed. This was AIX 3.2.5, Oracle 7.3.2.1 with Windows 3.1 and 95 clients.

It turned out that the app we we're running (built with Delphi) was using one or two TTable's instead of TQuery. We found out that Oracle didn't like Delphi's implementation of TTable. This was Delphi 1 with BDE. Thanks,

--
Stephane Lajeunesse.
Oracle DBA

Please remove nospam. from my e-mail address to reach me.