oracle8 and jdbc, not working!? egads! help!

From: Tom Gilgan <tgilgan_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1998/01/24

    I am having some significant problems connecting to our Oracle8 Enterpise DB on NT. I am using the Employee.java app sample that was included with the oracle thin jdbc drivers. I changed it to point to our database, and when I run it (and other apps I tried to put together) it returns saying "java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket".

All I want is to get a couple of rows from the database no big deal, just to prove that we can hit oracle 8 with the thin jdbc drivers.

I have applied the patch to Oracle8. But I am not sure if this is my problem or its.

If anyone can help me , I sure would appreciate it I'm banging my head against the wall here and my boss is going to get wierd if I can't fix this (I told him it would be no problem...)

thanks in advance,

Tom Gilgan
tgilgan_at_istar.ca Received on Sat Jan 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST