Re: Trigger external program in Oracle

From: Jack Ploeg <jploeg_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 1998/01/24

You can achieve this by writing a program that runs at OS level, in a language that support embedded PL/SQL. Through PL/SQL you connect to the database, and wait for a message in a pipe. When your program receives this message, you end the PL/SQL and start the external program. You could place the PL/SQL inside a loop, so taht after starting the external program you wait for the next message. In the DB trigger all you have to do is put a message in the pipe.

Good Luck!

Jack