Getting error messages back to FORM from database triggers

From: xinsun <xin.sun_at_memo.ikea.com>
Date: 1998/01/23

When it comes to error handling the FORM has a definitely advantages by using the FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE exception. But none one of this functionality is directly called by any database trigger. I run into a problem when the trigger is failed, my user_defined exception error handling messages is not come back to forms.(neither FORM 3.0 nor FORM4.5) although FORM did aware of there is a failure in the database, so it is only simply display 'Unable to update/delete/insert record' which is not very helpful to me and the user.

I was able to get the error message from stored procedure back to FORMS but when I try the same trick it does not seem to work.

Has anyone had any experience in getting error message back to FORM from database trigger? Please Help!

Thanks in advance.

Xin Sun

Email address: xin.sun_at_memo.ikea.com Received on Fri Jan 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST