Re: PUBLIC:Re: fragmentation

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/01/23

Uh, Eugen

You are right. I am so used to editing the scripts so that I can move things around and put them in different tablespaces that I forgot that just doing a straight export and import will result in coalesced space. When I am not reorganizing I prefer to turn spooling on with a file as the destination, do a select *, and then use SQL*Loader to restore the data.

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer        Computers and cameras
jgitomer_at_p3.net      One for the money, one for the fun