Help with ODBC on NT4 running Oracle7

From: Carl A Dalessandro <carld_at_joxer.acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: 1998/01/23

        For any of the oracle wizards out there...

	I have installed Oracle7 along w/ SQL*Net and the Oracle ODBC
	drivers (as per instructions on the Oracle demo CD).
	I have an active Oracle db running and all the admin functions work.

	What I am trying to do, is connect to an Oracle7 db from Active
	Server Pages using the Oracle ODBC drivers.  So far, all that I
	get is an error stating the following...

	SQLSTATE: 08003
	Native Error Code:0
	Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver] Connection not Open.

		then...

	SQLSTATE: 01000
	Native Error Code: 0
	Driver Message:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver returned
		invalid (or failed to return)
	SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: %

		and then...

	SQLSTATE: S1000
	Native Error Code: 3121
	Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI] ORA-03121:
		no interface driver connected - function not performed

		All that is from the ODBC Test app.
	The ODBC drivers have been installed; the db has been added in the
	NT ODBC Admin app(under System DSN) and SQL*Net2.3.2.1.3 is installed
	along with the Oracle7 server.  I really do not know why I continue
	to get these errors.
		From the browser, I get an error that states that it cannot
	open the db.  It seems that it has found the database, but cannot
	access it properly (yes, I even included the UID and Passwords)

	I appreciate any help that is offered.  Thanks in advance.

-Carl D'Alessandro
 Cymfony Net, Inc. Received on Fri Jan 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST