Re: Newbie Question - Create database trigger

From: Michael Roynan <mroynan_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/01/23

If you are actually using an 'insert into table 1' statement in the trigger for table 1, that is the cause of the problem. What you can do is select the value from table b into the :new.column_name in the trigger.

SELECT col1
  INTO :new.col2
  FROM table b
  WHERE . . . . The trigger allows you access to columns of the table associated with it through the use of :old.<column_name> and :new.<column_name>