Accessing a Row in a Delete trigger

From: Michael Roynan <mike.roynan_at_memo.ikea.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

From a delete trigger, I'm trying to insert the row being deleted from a production table into an archive table before the delete takes place. I want to stay away from listing each individual column name in the insert statement in the event the table is modified/recreated. Is there a way to reference the whole row so I can insert it into the archive table?

I've tried using dynamic sql to create and parse a command with the :old column names, but it thinks the :old.% columns are bind variables and returns an error.

If it's not possible, is there any other method to insert the row to another table before
it is deleted by the trigger?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mike Roynan