ODBC, stored proc, cursor return type

From: Mary Walker <mwalker_at_kenan.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

I am using the Oracle ODBC driver. In my C++ code, I can bind a stored procedures output, call the stored procedure and get the correct answer. But only if the return type is in the SQLBindParameter data type list. This is a problem if the stored procedure returns a cursor variable.

If anyone has any experience calling a stored procedure that returns a cursor, from C/C++ code, through ODBC, I would appreciate any hints. I am used to the following syntax for a stored procedure that returns an integer. I was trying the same ODBC calls but with a fetch for a stored procedure that returns a cursor variable.

     retcode = SQLBindParameter(hstmt, 1,
           SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT,
           SQL_C_SLONG,
           SQL_INTEGER, 0,0,

&accountNo,
0,
&cbAccountNo); // cbAccountNo = SQL_NTS
retcode = SQLPrepare(hstmt, (unsigned char *)"{call get_next_account_no(?)}", 30); retcode = SQLExecute(hstmt);

Thanks in advance!
Mary Received on Thu Jan 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST