Storing MS Office Documents in Oracle Database

From: <christophercoshea_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

I am trying to store a Microsoft Word document in an Oracle database. I have a table with two columns - one which is the key, the other a Long Raw column to store the word document.

What is the easiest way to get the word document into the database? I do not have Oracle Forms or Developer 2000. The Oracle database is actually for Peoplesoft 5.0 and I do not have access to any special Oracle tools. I was hoping to use PL/SQL to move the data. I am using Oracle 7.2.3 with PL/SQL 2.2.3.

Any ideas?