Re: Oracle and NFS

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/22

You can mount the file system of another system with same filesys name. But you have to mount it on another mount point otherwise, your local filesys will be obsolete.
Let's see the follwing situation

Assume that u have sys1 and sys2
and there are filesys home, home1 on sys1 and home, home2 on sys2.
You can mount home of sys1 on home of sys2 but you can't access your sys2's home until you unmount the filesys.
The work around is mount it on adifferent mount point like home5. You have to configure
oracle accordingly to reflect the path changes if you wish to use this filesys for database purpose.

I have administered NFS and Oracle on unixware by configuring the archive files and additional copies of online redo and control files on the other system by mounting one filesys of the second sys. Hope this will clear youy question

If u have more questions, you can reach me at my e-mail Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net

Madhu Cherukuri