Please Help: Can't use Objects in Oracle 8!

From: Jack Burton <jackb_at_pgw.picker.com>
Date: 1998/01/21

This is my first post to this news group. If the content of this post is inappropriate for this group than please point me in the right direction.

I'm runnning Oracle 8.03 on A Dec Alpha running Digtal Unix 4.0B

I am trying to create a table that uses an Object and can't. I've tried examples in the Oracle 8 Documentation and from the Article "Extending Oracle8 With Objects" from the Oracle Magazine (Aug/Sep - Oct/Nov 1997). I can create an object but cannot reference the object from withing a
table.

ie.

create or replace type Address_Type as object ( street1 varchar(50),
street2 varchar(50),
city varchar(50),
state varchar(25),
zipcode varchar(10),
country varcode(50)
);

Statement Processed

create table customers (
id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
lastname VARCHAR2(50),
firstname VARCHAR2(50),
phone VARCHAR(20)
address Address_Type
);

address Address_Type

        *
ORA-0092: invalid datatype

What am I doing wrong?

TIA, JAck Received on Wed Jan 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST