Oracle and NFS

From: root <root_at_zman.teletech.com>
Date: 1998/01/21

I am looking for any information regarding Oracle and NFS. We are currently using mostly RS-6000 Machines running Oracle version 7.3.3
The Database administrators are telling me that I can't NFS mount a filesystem from one machine to another one that has the same name. I understand the fact that you don't wat to mount the same named filesystem over the other one, however, we have setup temporary mount points for mounting the filesystems. This is a critical issue, dut to the fact that we use the NFS facility for redundant backups.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Geoff Hannam
Unix Systems Supervisor
ghannam_at_teletech.com Received on Wed Jan 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST