Date questions

From: Laura Bellini <laura.bellini_at_compaq.com>
Date: 1998/01/20

Hi -
Can someone tell me how to just get the day of the week out of a date in Oracle?

For example, is 1/19/98 a 'monday', 'tuesday', 'wednesday', etc.?

I know SQL Server has a function that allows you to do this - can't seem to find it in Oracle.

Thanks in advance!

Laura Bellini
laura_bellini_at_compaq.com Received on Tue Jan 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST