Re: Is anyone running Oracle7 and 8 in *SAME* OraHome

From: Helmut Hahn <Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: 1998/01/19

NNOOR wrote:

> If you running Oracle7 (7.3.3) and Oracle8 (8.0.3) out of the
> same oralce home Windows NT 4, I would like to hear from you.
> The questions that I am seeking answers to are:
>
> (I assume that Oracle7 was there, running, and you added Oracle8
> to that installation)

 1)

I had 3 Instances. I migrated one (the small).2) Yes that are the same icons but new versions (you can verify this when you can partion tables).

3)
Neither nor. I edit tnsnames.ora and listener.ora manually.

4)
You must install SQLNet8 - Server and run the Tnslistener80.exe but nut the 7.0 listener.

Sorry for cutting off your questions but our news-server complains than there is more old text than new.
Feel free to email me some other questions/hints found by you.

Helmut

Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de Received on Mon Jan 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST